Once I witnessed the glorious ingredients that my daughter Kaitlin and her friend Mackenzie were putting into this recipe, I hung around until the it was ready. Delicious!! These melt in your mouth bars are so easy to make (I’m told) and even easier to consume. Eat these warm right out of the oven, they contain just the right amount of sweetness too!
½ cup unsalted butter melted
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
18 Oreo cookies roughly chopped
½ cup M & M’s.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8 by 8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray
- In a large microwave, safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power
- Allow a few moments to cook before adding the egg so it doesn’t scramble. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the Oreos and stir to combine.
- Add the M&M’s and stir to combine.
- Turn the batter out into prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula and pushing it into the corners.
- Bake for approx. 18-20 minutes until top is set in the center and done. Don’t overbake. Bars will firm up as they cool.
- Place pan on wire rack to cool before slicing, although they are delicious slightly warm.